söndag 1 december 2013

I'm sorry...

First of all, I would like to apologize. I would like to apologize for not posting for a long time, and I would like to apologize to my opponents that I've played against lately.

I missed an important part in Codex: Chaos Space Marines, and it turns out that Plague Marines are not at same initiative as regular Chaos Marines, meaning that several of my opponents would have got to strike before me, instead of at the same time...

With that in mind, how am I supposed to make my squads survive longer? Easy! Add more bodies! I've put together enough figures to make my 7-man squads into 10-man squads. This should help them endure a punch in close combat.

I think the Forge World conversion kit is absolutely wonderful, but after you've put together 20 of them you run the risk of making a lot of them look the same. Therefor, I tried to convert them as much as possible. Here, for example, is a Plaguemarine reloading his bolter, using parts from the new Space Marine Tactical squad.

 Using part from the same kit, I also made a Plaguemarine ready to throw a grenade.

As for my champion - If he's going to strike last, he might as well strike hard! I'm switching out my power sword wielding champion for this fellow - wielding a deadly two-handed power axe! If you can't spot all the parts, I can tell you that I used arms from the Blood Angels Death Company and the axe head from the Nurgle Lord from the Warhammer range. The legs are MKII legs from Forge World.

As for my other projects, I've just got myself a Realm of Battle board! I want to customize it to give a unique look, but I still want it to fit the bag for easy stowaway...

The solution: magnetized buildings! This is one of my spare plates (from the expansion set) that I bought ages ago, and I tried to magnetize the Manufactorum to it with Great Success (weird smile and thumbs up)! This tile will replace the flat tile with the skull pits. Although I think the skull pits looks great, it doesn't fit my idea for my board.

So the skull pit was covered up with a moonscape crater, and 2 set of Shrine of the Aquila was built around the crater to give the impression of a destroyed shrine. The crater is glued in place, but the Shrine will be magnetized.

That's all for today, I will try to post more frequently, but no promises...

Cheers!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar